Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hetzers!

After playing World of Tanks using a Hetzer and being quite successful with it, I had to paint these guys up. They have been on my shelf for way too long, just taunting me to paint them up. Last night I had some time to paint them up so I tried something new - dot camo.




I tried to mimic the pattern closely and after all was said and done with on my models, I didn't like it at all. while it looks cool in the above picture, I didn't like it in real life. So after thinking about what I could do without stripping the tanks with Simple Green.

After staring at the tanks for a good 30 minutes, I decided to paint them up like all my other tanks, and started to connect the dots with various colors to make them have some semblance of normality. What came out I'm impressed with, if I say so myself, sine they match my other platoons of tanks without having to strip them.

The spearhead of Hetzers






No comments:

Post a Comment