Wednesday, March 26, 2014

European Houses - Review

After a year plus of waiting for some Battlefield In a Box houses I ordered from The War Store, my 3 houses finally arrived. Inside of the box where:
  • Dieppe House
  • Antwerp House
  • Cherbourg House


I have to say that the packaging is completely different than the Bastogne Church I received - these were not set in Styrofoam, but rather each piece was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and placed inside of a clam top opening box. None of my pieces were damaged in anyway, so let's review the houses...

First up, the Cherbourg House. Nothing really to complain about in the way of painting, other than the white on the side door  is a little too thin for my taste - I can see the primer color underneath in several places - and a few brown brush strokes on the interior where they were painting the floor. Nothing that would cause my OCD to go into overdrive and repaint/paint over the spots.  4 stars our of 5 stars (they lost a star for the slop and the thin paint coverage on the door).

Cherbourg House

Up next, the Antwerp House. This house has nothing at all to complain about, the insides are immaculate in the way of painting and the exteriors are perfect. 5 out of 5 stars.

Antwerp House

Lastly, the Dieppe House. I think this one is by far my favorite of the lot. I like the stone look of the other 2 houses, but the stucco look of the house just looks really cool. The inside of this house suffers from the slop like the Cherbourg house, but as I stated before, nothing to cause my OCD to go into overdrive. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Dieppe House


Now it's time for a gratuitous shot of all 3 next to each other...



My small town so far (sans the Church) - complete with a ruined building.

No comments:

Post a Comment