Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Houses

So it's no secret that the Battlefield in a Box (BiaB) series has been seriously slow in releasing new houses in their line. In fact, I've had an order for houses for over a year that's yet to be filled. I emailed Battlefront asking when they'll be released and this is the response I received:

Jason,

Unfortunately I do not know when they are going to make these houses if ever.  Sometimes when there is enough material to make these, they will go ahead and produce a couple, then surprise me on my next shipment.

Sorry this if this wasn't helpful. 

Thank you,

Andrew Smith

Battlefront Miniatures USA
 

Tired of waiting to expand my gaming table, I made a mold of the lower level of one of the houses I already have.

Lower level of a house and the mold I made of it
One issue I had in demolding the house from the RTV was that there was internal relief inside of the house. this made the center part of the mold a MAJOR pain in the ass to remove from the house. I had to cut a  holes on the back of the mold (which won't do anything to the poured item) to help give the RTV some space to allow me to remove it from the house. 

It took me about 30 minutes to finally get it out of the house. I then took a knife and removed the inner relief so that the resin pours won't have anything to grab on to and it should allow it to be removed easily from the mold once it's all cured.

Once I get a second batch of RTV I'm going to make a mold of the second level as well as the roof. This will help me expand my game board faster than waiting for Battlefront's BiaB to release new items. I'm also going to be able to control what colors the buildings will be.

Who knows, once I get my Dieppe premium house, I might make a mold of that one as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment