Monday, October 6, 2014

Farm House & Barn

I just received my Farm House and Barn (BB176) via UPS and I'm both excited and sad at the same time.



On the excited side, I have new terrain to use for Flames of War - I have a cool looking house and barn, that are nothing like the current scenery I have.

On the sad side, the house arrived damaged. While I can glue the pieces back together, I don't really want to. After spending $50 on this set, I'd rather have a pristine piece since I paid for something as a whole, rather than in pieces. Not to mention my OCD would cause me to always look at the small spot that won't be repaired by the re-gluing and I'll just be frustrated at myself for not getting it repaired.

So I've sent an email off to Battlefront's customer service, and hopefully they'll get this resolved soon.



The house has a prepainted wood floor (akin to the other house offerings that Battlefront has released) and has a nice look to it. Over-splash (as I'll call it) of the floor paint is minimal, and the detailing of the house as a whole is quite nice.





The barn has a "rough" floor to it, to simulate ground cover. Hardly any over-splash at all and the detailing could use a little more color (but that's just personal preference). I wish they would have added a "loft" type of window to the top piece, as the top sides are rather plain (as you can see in the picture above).

Overall I'd give this package a 4.5 out of 5 stars. If Battlefront doesn't do me a solid and replace the house, I would give it a lower rating. Battlefront took care of me pretty fast, and my replacement arrived a week later. Thank you again Battlefront!

No comments:

Post a Comment