Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tournament and some Brummbars

I entered a local tournament this past weekend at a local gaming store, and I wasn't aware there was prize support. Well the first game I got my but t handed to me courtesy to 2 tigers and 2 panthers against my Panzer IV H's and pumas. I bounced every shot I fired at them, and just couldn't - as Admiral Ackbar would say - "repel firepower of that magnitude".

It's a trap!

So my first game was a total loss, 6-1 in my opponent's favor. The next game was Cauldron, and I have to say this missions is not one of my favorites. I wound up attacking an infantry list and while I managed to capture one objective, I just couldn't push him off the other in the allotted time. So it was a 4-3 loss yet again, but at least I frustrated the other player to the point where he was making a spectacle of himself (not in a good way mind you).

The next game was hold the line, and I dominated this game. The defender went on the attack with his cromwells and my panzers made mincemeat of them while my nebelwerfers laid down smoke on his artillery. His AOP didn't last one turn as my wirblewinds decided to shot that thing down not missing one shot on it. I felt bad for my opponent as he had air support but didn't manage to call it in once during the entire game. i managed to take one of the objectives and while he didn't have any tanks nearby to even try to push me off the objective, he tried with infantry which resulted in a bloodbath. The game ended with a 6-1 result in my favor.

After that game, the organizer announced the standings and I came in second place by 1 point (which surprised the hell out of me) and I would up getting $15 in store credit. What would I buy with this credit? Well of course, BRUMMBARS! I needed to add them to my arsenal, so I picked up 2 and I've been slowly painting them since Sunday night. The results are below:






No comments:

Post a Comment