Monday, April 21, 2014

Wirblewinds and Ostwinds

I've been reading a lot lately about how big cats need some AA support, so I decided to pick up some Wirblewinds and Ostwinds to help protect them. While I normally play MW with my FoW group, I can't help but not get them - they just look cool.

I've read a few after action reports where they have helped save big guns, and if I ever get into a game, or tournament, where they are allowed I'm damn sure taking them.

The Ostwinds I received had 2 piece plastic tracks, compared to the metal tracks that the Wirblewinds came with. I have to say that I prefer the 2 piece track configuration, as it is easier to paint the tracks as well as the detail on them. The metal tracks, while they add some heft to the model, lack the crispness of detail that the plastic tracks have. I hope that BF continue to replace the metal tracks of other blisters with the plastic tracks since I prefer these over the metal tracks..

Metal tracks on the left, plastic on the right

So on to the pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment