Monday, April 28, 2014

6-8 Weeks

First off, I"m beginning to hate this term. I wish I could simply return some of the stuff I've purchased in order to order it from a secondary company. But alas, I cannot - and neither can others that have stuff that is simply below par with respect to quality issues with Battlefront products.


#1 - my nebelwerfer... how this even made it past QA simply amazes me. Take a look:

The nebelwerfer on the left is only partially cast
Someone has to be physically packaging these things, but to not notice this just boggles my mind. It's supposed to fit into the part on the right and when they are put together you get this unlikely nebelwerfer...
I emailed Battlefront about getting a replacement part, and it took a week to get a reply that I'll get a replacement but it'll take 6 to 8 weeks since they are "Out of Stock".


#2, my Staff Radio car. Let's play a little game - it's called "what is wrong with this?" Let's see if you can spot the problem:


Did you spot the problem? if you didn't don't feel bad, because BF's QA missed it as well. It's missing the A-Pillars (the pillars on both sides of the front windshield). I thought they might have broken off int he package due to shipping, but there was nothing loose in the blister at all. So this was definitely something that was broken before being packaged. Replacement time? 6-8 weeks.... I could try to greenstuff the A-Pillars (which I tried) but the result looks like ass, and I'd rather have BF replace the thing.

#3, my panzer III G box set. This one is the one that makes my blood boil the most. This one is the hardest to describe with words, but a picture is worth a thousand words...


Bubbles! Bubbles all over the place. There is not one surface on any of the 3 models which is not affected by this issue. The ONLY smooth surface on the models are the ground down bottoms. These models are clearly messed up, and to let these slip by QA is a travesty.

I thought maybe some primer would help get rid of the bubbles, but was I mistake. Even a light coating only seemed to magnify the issue and bring out the bubbling even more. I tried to paint them with my airbrush but the details are just so washed out by the bubbles that even pin washes made the thing look like it has a bad case of chicken pox. It took a week for a response from BF but again I got the 6-8 week replacement ETA.

I hope that BF gets their warehouse in order soon, because if I get another model that has an issue with it, I'm going to return the thing to the store where I purchased it, rather than wait 6-8 weeks for a replacement. Any blister I will buy from now on will be given a very detailed look before I plop money down to buy it because having to wait for replacements is just lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment