Monday, June 22, 2015

Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B

The Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B was a German self-propelled heavy infantry gun used during World War II. A new, fully enclosed, and heavily armored boxy casemate superstructure was built on the chassis of the Sturmgeschütz III. It mounted the improved sIG 33/1 infantry gun, offset to the right side, for which 30 rounds were carried.


But enough with the background of this lovely tank. I've been needing some of these tanks for a while now, as whenever I use them in a list, I have to substitute my Brummbar's for them. I was able to pick up 2 StuIG33B's for $14 total, and I set to work on them once they arrived. Below you'll see how I painted them.

I was debating on the usual "German Grey" color as some of them were painted, but after doing some research, about 50% of them were painted in the 3 tone camo scheme. I figured since most of my army is painted this way, I should keep them looking the same. Once I start my DAK army though, I'll walk away from the 3 tone scheme.












No comments:

Post a Comment