Friday, May 13, 2016

Steelworks Factory Review

The postman delivered a goodie for me today, the first building of the 2016 Premium Property Subscription - the Steelworks Factory! This is the second housing subscription I've subscribed to through Battlefront, and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with this subscription so far.

With design features like the saw-tooth roof and bare brick walls, this is a totally typical manufacturing plant or warehouse. It will look at home on battlefields for any period from the Industrial Revolution till today.



First up, let's show how this box arrived. Packaged inside of a plain cardboard box, there are no graphics like other Battlefield in a Box buildings (i.e. Bastogne Church, Dieppe House, etc.). This building was well packed with bubble wrap, which allowed me to receive it damage free from BF.

 The contents of the package are shown here pulled out of the box:


Each level (except the roof) were double wrapped. As you'll see below, each level had bubble wrap surrounding the exterior of the building (akin to a glove), as well as a second time around that level of protection:


This is the building put together after unwrapping/unsheathing all of the bubble wrap:



Now we'll get to the dimensions of the structure. Since I am an engineer, I dug up my trusty caliper to show you the dimensions in INCHES (sorry metric fans, I'm in the US).

Length (~6.4") - ignoring the top lip:


 Width (~3.2") - ignoring the top lip:

Inside Depth (~1.4"):

Inside length (~6"):

 Inside width (~2.7")

Total building height (~3.7")

I am very happy with this building -- the painting is solid and the packaging was excellent (unlike the previous property subscription). I'm looking forward to more of this subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment