Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Captured Honey Stuarts

I've started to construct a DAK army, more specifically the 15. Panzer  German Schutzen list from North Africa. Since I wanted to bring Rommel along in this army, I figured he needed some support, so I picked up a Honey Armoured Platoon (BBX25) box set.



Overall the models are really well detailed, and the only downside to this box set is that there are no magnets or decals included. I had to borrow some DAK desert palms decals from a friend of mine, as I neglected to buy some ahead of time.

I tried to originally try the AK Interactive Worn Effects product on this project, but after looking at the final product of my work, I figured i didn't like the overall look. I was trying for a mud look that was a result of a hard stand storm taking away most of the mud. But I managed to do it in all the wrong places, and looked pretty unrealistic in the end.


So after careful consideration, I repainted them with the desert tan color I'm using for my DAK army. Below are the final results - enjoy!

The complete platoon












No comments:

Post a Comment